Reach Records hip-hop artist Lecrae pulled a Beyonce and Drake and released his surprise mixtape. Church Clothes 3 released at midnight, January 15th, marking his first new material since 2014’s Anomaly.
His simple Facebook message read, “I heard some requests for #CC3.
CC3 debuted as the #1 Rap/Hip Hop album on the Billboard charts, and also charted as the #1 Independent album, #3 Digital album, #7 on the Albums chart and #12 on the Top 200 Album Chart.
Church Clothes 3 be digitally purchased through Reach Records and is streaming across all DSPs including iTunes. DTLR stores are exclusively carrying the physical release.
S1 (Kanye West, Jay-Z), was the executive producer of the album. CC3 features guests E-40, N'Dambi, Propaganda, John Givez, JGivens, Jackie Hill Perry and KB.
Church Clothes 3 Track Listing:
1. Freedom ft. N'Dambi (prod. by S1 / Co-prod. by Epikh Pro & VohnBeatz)
2. Gangland ft. Propaganda (prod. by S1 /Co-prod. by Shindo)
3. Deja Vu (prod. by S1)
4. Sidelines (prod. by Mykalife and Ryan Righteous)
5. Cruising (prod. by S1 / Co-prod. by Epikh)
6. It Is What It Is (prod. by S1 / Co-prod. by Epikh)
7. Can't Do You ft. E-40 (prod. by Black Knight)
8. Forever (prod. by S1)
9. Misconceptions 3 ft. John Givez, JGivens, Jackie Hill Perry (prod. by S1)
10. I Wouldn't Know ft. KB (prod. by GAWVI)
The storyline follows the life of a teenage gang member who gets shot. His friend contemplates getting revenge on the assailants. The songs featured include: "It Is What It Is," "Gangland," "Deja Vu" and "Misconceptions 3."
The Church Clothes series has received praise and chart success as Church Clothes 1 made double platinum status on DatPiff.com. It debuted at No. 10 on the Billboard Christian Albums and Gospel Albums charts on iTunes as well.